Sunglass and Eyeglass Frame Repair.
Did your child test out how your glasses looked on her favorite bear?!
Bottom Line - We Repair Broken Metal Frames. Same Day!
Monday through Friday 10am to 3pm.
Appointment needed to ensure technician availability. Call 651-631-1066
Eyeglass Frame Repair
More frustrating than being unable to wear your $400 eyeglasses, is being told by your optician: that your $400 broken eyeglasses are not repairable and that you should spend another $400, that you must undergo their mandatory eye exam, and that you have 3 weeks of wearing your busted $400 pair of prescription eyeglasses held together by duct tape while you wait for your new pair!
We dare not insinuate that your optician is more interested in selling new eyeglasses than providing good customer service, because they may just be ignorant of the latest in eyeglass frame repair using laser welding technology. A decade ago that information from your optician was somewhat correct. Today this is simply not true at all. Laser welding technology has enabled the successful repair of all types of metals including exotic alloys.
Eyeglass Frame Repair - what happens?
- When you visit our store for the repair of your eyeglasses we will assess what work needs to be completed. Often we find that a while a pair of glasses has broken in one location, other additional fractures have also occurred. We try to discover these so that you can be informed of the extent of the damage and that our repair estimate can be as accurate as possible.
- Before any repair is undertaken we take steps to protect your valuable lenses. This may mean carefully removing the lenses from the frame, or masking.
- Our technician proceeds with the laser repair, using various techniques and materials to reinforce the break, and ensures that the repair is as invisible as possible.
- Before reassembly the glasses are given an ultrasonic clean (you will appreciate this!).
- If the lenses were removed, they are now refitted.
- The frames are finally realigned as best as we are able. Usually frames that have undergone the trauma of a break have fallen out of alignment. We will do our best to realign them, however you may want your optician to check the alignment.
Sunglass Frame Repair
The repair of sunglasses is no different to the repair of regular spectacles. Providing your frames are made of metal of some type we will be able to repair them. Our technician uses techniques that isolate the lenses from damage during the welding process. You can be sure that your sunglass lenses are not effected during the repair.
How visible will the repair be?
The visibility of a laser repair will depend on a few variables. The repair is highly localized to the area of the break. If the break occurred in a concealed, small area, it will not be noticeable except by the closest scrutiny.
The color of the final repair is typically grayish or silverish in tone. If your frames are yellow toned (i.e. gold plated) the technician will use some material that will make the repaired area appear somewhat yellow. Consequently, you can expect that frames with a neutral gray/silver coloration will be very difficult to see. Specialty colors and tones may contrast more and be visible. We are unable to restore the original plating of your eyeglasses.
We offer same day service Monday through Friday, when brought in prior to 3pm.
Buchkosky Jewelers - 695 Rosedale Center, Roseville, MN 55113. Phone: 651-631-1066